Deadline: 30 June, 2020
The Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) Awards focus on emerging and established female entrepreneurs in the private and not-for-profit sectors. AWIEF Awards’ candidates are women who have demonstrated outstanding vision and inspiration, and have overcome challenges to make significant social impact and/or become successful in their businesses.
Candidates may either nominate themselves or someone else.
- Access to a skilled and knowledgeable support system and useful resources for entrepreneurial endeavours
- Featured placement on AWIEF media campaign roll-outs
- An opportunity to connect and share knowledge, experience, ideas, best practices and contacts with other AWIEF members across the continent
- Access to capacity development and entrepreneurship programmes tailored to their needs
- Must be a young female entrepreneur under the age of 35
- Must demonstrate exceptional entrepreneurial spirit and skills to build and grow a successful business
- Must be a woman with exceptional and creative entrepreneurial excellence in the film, music, food, beauty, art, fashion, advertising, design, or crafts industry
- Candidate must be a woman entrepreneur who has used science and technology to create an innovative business, offer new knowledge, services, products or solutions
- Must have achieved recognition and business success in the field of agriculture and agribusiness with great impact on food security and nutrition in her community or country
- A woman in the oil and gas and/or green energy and renewable sector who is operating a successful business with impact on energy access and/or availability in her community or country
- Must be an entrepreneur whose business has made significant social impacts in the community and has proffered solutions to social, cultural, technology, education, environment or financial challenges
- Must be a woman who has greatly contributed and invested in inspiring, mentoring and empowering other women and girls
- Must be an established woman entrepreneur with prolonged and consistent achievements in business and significant contributions made to job creation
To nominate and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Africa News