Deadline: 30 June, 2020
As the global population continues to grow every year, so too does the demand for agricultural products. To continue feeding the world without damaging the environment is one of the greatest challenges faced by society, and it can only be achieved by increasing the efficiency and sustainability of agricultural production. BayWa invites submissions that look to tackle this challenge by combining satellite data with other data sources in an innovative and commercially viable way.
BayWa is particularly interested in new ideas that combine satellite data and Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning (ML). Furthermore, BayWa is looking for new ideas that support pasture management, early crop disease identification in agriculture and horticulture, and yield prediction in horticulture.
Do you have a smart farming idea that does not fit the above? BayWa encourages you to enter it as well!
- €5,000 cash prize
- Mentoring package from BayWa, FarmFacts, and Vista, including support with scientific and commercial expertise, developing a go-to-market strategy and identifying sales channels
- Access to BayWa agri-business and agri-organisation networks
- Access to field trials in multiple countries (if eligible)
- Extra €10,000 cash prize for the concept that gets selected as Copernicus Masters 2020 Overall Winner
- Innovation: does the solution demonstrate a new/novel approach to smart farming?
- Earth observation: does the solution use earth observation data to bring added value to end users?
- Technical feasibility: can the technical element of the solution be used in a commercial context?
- Commercial viability: does the solution have real market potential?
- Applications can be from anywhere around the world
To enter and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID in Africa