Deadline: 26 June, 2020
Applications are now open for the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) Regional Leadership Centre Southern Africa (RLC SA) Programme.
The conceptualisation, development and curriculum content of the RLC SA as led by the University of South Africa (Unisa) were heavily influenced by the developmental, political and economic dynamics of the Southern African Development Community (SADC) region. The RLC SA will, in collaboration with its partners, develop the 21st century skills that are the indispensable currency for participation, achievement and competitiveness in the global economy.
- Become a critical thinker
- Solve complex and multidisciplinary problems
- Develop entrepreneurial thinking skills
- Make innovative use of information, knowledge and opportunities
- Develop communication and multicultural collaboration skills
- Gain awareness of contemporary African issues
- The programme is open to young African leaders aged 18–35 years old
- Significant experience and track record in their chosen sector
- English language proficiency
- Portuguese speaking participants will be accommodated in the Mozambique Hub at UEM
- A commitment to positively impact Africa, their own countries as well as communities
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and interest in Public Management, Entrepreneurship Development and Civic Leadership
- Commitment to serve the development agenda of the African continent
- Young leaders from the following countries are eligible to participate in the programme: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Kingdom of Eswatini, Zambia and Zimbabwe
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID Kenya