Deadline: 25 June, 2020
Location: New Pretoria, South Africa
World Health Organisation (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Officer/Business Partner.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
- Lead and manage the team’s provision of HR business partnering and client services to the portfolios of Country Offices (COs), by facilitating integration, work planning, managing performance, motivating, developing and coaching team members to deliver high quality results and services
- As the business partner for countries in East and Southern Africa, provide all HR services working closely with country managers to address HR issues effectively
- Serve as a consultant to client leadership on human resource-related issues, assessing and anticipating HR-related needs
- Build a strong, valued business relationship with the Cluster management, engaging them in development and joint delivery of strategic HR objectives aligned with business goals and advancing the business model
- Formulate partnerships across the HR function to develop integrated solutions and deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the COs
- Provide advice on HR policy, processes and approaches, ensuring consistency in provision of HR advice among the various portfolio of countries
- Disseminate changes related to new policies; identify HR best practices and replicate them within client teams
- Oversee HR Assistants in the COs in terms of HR implementation
- Create integration between the teams and develop commonalities
- Advanced university degree in Human Resources Management, Business or Public Administration, Law or Social Sciences
- Seven years, minimum, of graduate-level experience in personnel administration in an international organisation, including supervision of staff
- Experience in benefits and entitlements, HR Data Management or any other area of HR work
- Experience in project management and business process engineering, ideally, in the UN system and/or a public health context
- Expert knowledge of English
- Intermediate knowledge of French and Portuguese
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Allissa Richardson