Deadline: 26 June, 2020
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The World Health Organisation (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Field Security Officer.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
- Support the Incident Manager and/or the Head of WHO Office with regard to maintaining the safety and security of WHO personnel, premises and assets in compliance with UNSMS and WHO security management policies and principles
- Monitor the implementation of the technical security measures outlined in the Security Plan, MOSS, and SOPs
- Ensure that the Country Office (CO) as well as the sub-offices have an acceptable level of MOSS compliance
- Monitor the security situation across the county; undertake security risk assessment for the CO as well as overall sub offices and report to the Head of WHO Office on any emerging security threats to WHO personnel, operations, premises and assets
- Facilitate the implementation of recommended mitigating measures
- Develop contingency plans for the CO as well as for each sub office, be instrumental in implementing the enhanced security measures; and ensure staff members are familiar with and adhere to the related guidelines
- In cooperation with the data team and the field coordinators, facilitate the implementation of an effective and practical system to track WHO staff and responders throughout the country of assignment
- Ensure that all field coordinators send, on a daily basis, an updated list of staff, consultants, partners and dependents present at their respective field locations
- In close coordination with Logistics team, ensure that all deployed staff and responders are provided with a mobile phone and a SIM card upon arrival, as well as hand-held radios where applicable, to enable establishing an SMS or other rapid alert systems to provide staff with relevant and real time information and updates about the prevailing security situation
- First level university degree in Police Science, Business Administration, Political/Social Sciences, Psychology or International Relations or related field from an accredited/recognised institute, with focus on security management or equivalent in military or police academy degree or training
- Five years, minimum, of experience in security management, at the national and international levels
- Some experience in training and guiding staff on security issues
- Experience in field missions of WHO, the UN, health cluster partners or recognised humanitarian organisation would be an advantage
- Security management experience in developing countries would be an asset
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Knowledge of French or another WHO/AFRO official language would be an asset
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: AMISOM Public Information