Deadline: 27 June, 2020
Location: Buea, Cameroon
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer.
WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
- Contribute towards the development of a wide variety of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of considerable size/complexity, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures
- Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained
- Research and analyse a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of policies, programmes and activities
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects and highlight potential risks to project delivery
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages
- Completion of secondary school
- Advanced university degree (Master II or DESS/DEA) in Agriculture, Economics, Rural Development, and Food security, Project Management, Nutrition, Agriculture, Development Economics and International Development
- First university degree with seven years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses is acceptable in place of an advanced university degree
- Five years, minimum, of professional experience in food security and nutrition programmes management, monitoring and evaluation, programme analysis and monitoring, or programme coordination in a humanitarian/ development context with UN Agencies, NGO, government or private sector
- Experience managing staff and improving performance
- Direct knowledge and experience of refugee emergency operations including programming and management aspects, working, and coordinating complex projects with different entities and government authorities
- Fluency in both English and French languages
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: US Embassy South Africa