Deadline: 26 June, 2020
Location: Kampala, Uganda
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
- Lead the coordination of developing a common approach to the delivery of cash-based interventions
- Lead the sharing of lessons learnt and best practices within the response and create a common repository
- Lead the continued mapping of financial service provider capacity and analysis of the advantages / disadvantages of delivery mechanisms (smart card, mobile money transfers, cash in envelopes)
- Ensure regular publication of cash-related information products: updated 4W’s, mapping, factsheets, infographics
- Lead the technical coordination of inter-agency market assessment exercises
- Lead the planning and realisation of inter-agencies Multi-Sectoral Situation and Response Analysis (SRA) that takes into consideration the essential needs approach
- Support the technical coordination of inter-agency needs assessments exercises
- Support to determining need from an income and expenditures perspective including the MEB, Vulnerability Assessment and Gaps Analysis
- Update the MEB when required
- Advanced university degree in one or more of the following disciplines: International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition, Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance
- Six years, minimum, of postgraduate, progressively responsible, job related experience in the coordination and/or implementation of cash-based interventions
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good analytical skills, resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment, tact, negotiating skills
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- Ability to work in a team, and establish effective working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds
- Strong management skills
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNCTAD