Deadline: 24 June, 2020
Location: Cairo, Egypt
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Officer.
WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
- Support procurement programmes and operational activities, (eg issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes and contributing to successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services
- Contribute to analysis of data to provide recommendations for process improvement
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimisation
- Support auditing of procurement activities by collating the necessary information for recommendations to be responded to appropriately to ensure conformity with compliance rules
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts to align procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs
- Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services, for example designing and reviewing training materials
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Legal or Accounting or other relevant field
- First university degree with additional relevant work experience and/or training/courses
- Three years, minimum, of professional work experience in a similar position in addition to the advanced university degree or five years of experience with a first university degree
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Book Sprints