Deadline: 25 June, 2020
Location: Bangui, Central Africa Republic
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant and Backup TEC Assistant.
WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
- Collect all TEC Purchase Orders (POs, goods and services) on the basis of the annual procurement plan, ensure the accuracy of the details on the POs, liaise with the head of the IT unit, the CFO and the BPO (budget service) for budget codes/reserve funds to support procurement. Transform all manual POs into electronic POs through WINGS and forward them to procurement for action
- Provide a weekly report on all POs and their status
- Close follow-up with purchasing services to ensure that requests are immediately transformed into POs
- Ensure the immediate transmission of POs to suppliers and follow them up in order to come into possession of the required goods/services
- Provide weekly reports on POs and their status
- Track the shipment of all IT goods, with the administration, follow the customs clearance process and ensure that IT goods and accessories are immediately cleared
- Provide weekly report on IT equipment shipped and their respective customs clearance status
- Closely monitor TEC invoices for goods and services and ensure that details are entered into the CRS and closely monitor finances for timely payment of all invoices
- Provide a weekly report of all invoices in terms of clearance
- Provide administrative support for all TEC missions, coordinate mission plans, prepare mission order, UNHAS reservation or transportation requests for field missions, and any other travel related support
- Provide regular reports on missions undertaken and missions in progress
- Undergraduate university degree in Computer Science or Business Administration
- Three years, minimum, of progressive responsibility professional experience in administration, information technology or telecommunications or information management, such as WAN/LAN networking, operating systems, telephone services, radio unit, Office 365 applications such as One Drive, Planner, SharePoint, etc
- Some experience in the field of customer support, for example, at a help desk or in a user support unit
- Experience working under pressure and sometimes long hours is highly desirable
- Fluency in oral and written communication in French or English, and good working knowledge of either language
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Africa Centre