Deadline: 30 June, 2020
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
- Establish a Project Board and solid working relationship with the Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers, client and key stakeholders
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products
- Advise the Partners on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance)
- Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by the project board
- Manage the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary
- Liaise with any external suppliers or account managers
- Authorise work packages
- Advise the Project Board and Senior Project Manager of any deviations from the plan
- Identify and manage risks so that maximum benefit to client and stakeholders is achieved
- Advanced university degree (master’s or equivalent) in Project Management, Civil Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Five years, minimum, of Project Management in the area of Construction and/or Civil/Rural Engineering Management is required
- First level university degree (bachelor’s or equivalent) with a combination of additional years of relevant professional experience in Project Management, Civil Engineering or other relevant discipline may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- Academic credential and/or industry certifications with a combination of nine years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the university education (PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification Preferred)
- Experience working in emergency, post-crisis environment and/or with UN missions is a strong asset
- Proven experience in management of complex projects is an asset
- Proven experience in financial management is an asset
- Fluency in French is required
- Working knowledge (Intermediate) of English is required
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID Africa