Deadline: 27 June, 2020
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Specialist.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
- Programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring, evaluation and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support for programme implementation
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response
- Networking and partnership building
- UNICEF and government accountability
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Evidence generation, data and information management
- Advanced university degree in one of the following is required: Public Health, Social Sciences, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Water or Sanitary Engineering, Development Studies or another relevant technical field
- Five year, minimum, of professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required
- Two to four years of progressively responsible professional work experience in monitoring and evaluation plus reporting of community-based demand driven WASH projects, including in the use of participatory methodologies
- Analytical skills and report writing ability are essential together with IT skills, including experience of MS Excel or MS Access (pivot tables and functions)
- Experience in networking amongst government agencies, NGOs, the private sector and development partners are essential
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: US Army Africa