Deadline: 29 June, 2020
Location: Dakar, Senegal
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Planning, Monitoring and Knowledge Management Specialist.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
- Provide support in preparation, review and analysis of strategic programme planning processes and documentation, including the conduct of Situation Analyses, Mid-Term Reviews, Strategic Moment of Reflection (SMRs), the development of the Country Programme Documents (CPDs), Programme Strategy Notes (PSNs)
- Support the development of the country programmes results framework, including indicators, baselines and targets
- Support and facilitate development of equity-focused, results-based, and risk-informed rolling work plans and review exercises as needed
- Drawing on monitoring and analysis of key programme performance indicators, provide professional inputs to management reports including the Country Office Annual Reports (COARs), including Results Assessment Module (RAM) and Strategic Management Questions (SMQs)
- Provide technical support and inputs on setting up programme monitoring systems/tools, including the use of digital platforms
- Support monitoring of the Key Results for Children, including documentation and reporting
- Identify, capture, synthesise and share lessons learned on KRC Acceleration Practices for integration into broader knowledge development planning and management efforts to accelerate the Key Results for Children in WCAR
- Participate/support capacity building initiatives related to KM, RBM etc
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Political Science, International Relations, Sociology, Education or other Social Science field is required
- Five years, minimum, of professional experience in social development analysis and programming at the international and/or in a developing country is required
- Relevant experience in planning and programme/project monitoring in a UN system agency or organisation is an asset
- Fluency in French and English is required
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset
To apply an for more information, click here.
Photo source: Rwanda Green Fund