Deadline: 29 June, 2020
Location: Dakar, Senegal
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
- Ensure team members have quality data to assess progress on the situation of children and towards expected results established in annual work plans
- Ensure that child right monitoring and data capacities of UNICEF Office staff and national partners – government and civil society – are strengthened enabling them to increasingly engage in and lead situation analysis, child rights monitoring
- Support team members to ensure that that they and national partners have timely and accurate measurement of change in conditions in the country or region, including monitoring of socio-economic trends and the country’s wider policy, economic or institutional context
- Facilitate planning and the drawing of conclusions about the impact of programmes or policies
- Support in data quality improvement efforts in the region, including establishing quality assurance systems and tools
- Ensure that lessons learned and knowledge generated in the region and elsewhere in the organisation are shared in the region
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, Statistics or Planning and Development
- Eight years of relevant professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation activities
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset
- Fluency in English and French is required
- Knowledge of a local language is considered as an asset
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Book Sprints