Deadline: 13 June, 2020
Location: Bujumbura, Burundi
The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Emergency Specialist.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
- Provide technical advice related to emergency preparedness and response, including on programme management related issues
- Provide advice to the country office in the implementation of emergency preparedness measures in the field to strengthen preparedness and response mechanisms in the country faced with impending emergencies
- Apply the emergency preparedness and response plan as necessary, and support the Emergency Specialist to identify urgent staffing requirements and redeploy country office staff as required
- Execute the timely delivery of assistance and procurement of supplies, and monitor the appropriate and effective use of UNICEF resources/inputs
- Identify problems and constraints to ensure effective project delivery
- Certify the disbursement of funds, monitor expenditures and submit financial status reports
- Set up a reporting system and send daily situation reports to concerned parties
- Advanced university degree in one of the following fields: Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Law, Public Health, Nutrition, International Relations, Business Administration or other related disciplines, preferably a combination of management, administration, and relevant technical fields
- First university degree in a relevant field combined with two years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree
- Five years, minimum, of relevant professional experience in emergency programme/project development, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and administration
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset
- Fluency in French and English is required
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNMEER