Deadline: 27 June, 2020
Location: Banjul, Gambia
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Child Justice Officer.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
- Support the setting of the case management system, particularly in relation with the justice system
- Support the strengthening of the justice system in relation to children’s courts and children in prisons
- Support and provide orientations on all activities related to children’s rights, particularly in the preparation of the CRC and other conventions reporting
- Ensure timely completion of the project report, and complete monitoring visits
- Provide substantive advice, recommendations and input in the formulation of country programme documents and plans of actions relating to child justice programme
- Provide technical support to government, and stakeholders at all levels in the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of legal reform and programming for justice for children
- Supports the development and preparation of the legislation and policy development on justice for children as indicated in the country programme
- University degree in Law, preferably with a specialisation in child rights and justice for children is required
- Two year, minimum, of professional experience providing technical assistance and managing programmes in the area of child protection related legislation and policy development and justice for children at the international level some of which preferably were served in a developing country is required
- Relevant experience in child protection and related areas, programme/project development and management in a UN system agency or organisation is an asset
- Fluency in English is required
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: CDC Global