Deadline: 29 June, 2020
Location: Mopti, Mali
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Gender and Human Rights Specialist.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
- Provide support at all levels in the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of gender initiatives
- Provide technical and managerial support to COs and partners in the implementation of Initiatives on sexual and gender based violence and harmful practices
- Organise and participate in periodic technical reviews as well as programme evaluation exercises
- Facilitate mainstreaming of gender issues into the country programme, GBV projects, and other demographic dividend project/programmes
- Strengthen partnership with donors, in an effort to raise additional resources for sexual and gender based violence and Female genital mutilation programming
- Provide or arrange technical assistance for program design, implementation, and evaluation respecting UNFPA/AICS guidelines
- Support the development and dissemination of communications materials to enhance national capacity to prevent and deliver GBV quality services to survivors
- Identify, develop and/or adapt training materials and manuals in the substantive areas and ensure their availability for capacity development, and support their implementation
- Contribute to meaningful SGBV response, participation and empowerment in programme design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation at all levels
- Advanced university degree in Public Health, Sociology, Gender, Economics, International Development, or other related fields
- Five years, minimum, of increasingly responsible professional experience in the substantive technical area, of which two years, minimum, at the international level
- Strong technical knowledge in the science and application of social and behavioural change in the area of health services, family planning, youth and gender issues
- Experience in project management and in the region is required
- Proven ability to produce demonstrable results
- Extensive network within the development community
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in teams and in a multidisciplinary, complex and multi-country programme environment
- Fluency in English and French is required
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Beyond Access Initiative