Deadline: 11 June, 2020
Location: Kampala, Uganda
United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Specialist.
UNCDF makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 47 least developed countries (LDCs).
- Ensure support to the implementation and management of the ’Leaving No One Behind in the Digital Era’ global, regional and country programme management strategies, adapt processes and procedures
- Facilitate programme planning across the global, regional and country programme teams of the Digital Strategy (DS)
- Support resource mobilisation and donors reporting requirements for the DS, including narrative and financial reporting
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing with all Financial Inclusion Practice Area (FIPA) stakeholders on programme matters
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Law, Finance, Economics or related field
- Five years, minimum, of experience in progressively responsible positions in the field of programme management, project management and/or operations or related fields, out of which three years, minimum, of work experience in programme/project planning and implementation
- Demonstrable project management, budget/financial management and coordination skills
- Work experience of and/or in LDCs is preferred
- Experience in Compliance and Quality Assurance is preferred
- Experience supporting market development programmes with digital financial services focus is preferred
- Previous experience/familiarity with results monitoring and reporting is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of relevant UN organisational policies and procedures; knowledge of UN/UNDP/UNCDF ERP Systems and Policies is preferred
- Fluency, both oral and written in English and French required
- Excellent communication skills (comprehension, verbal communication) in English and French required
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: GovernmentZA