Deadline: 26 June, 2020
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders. The need to invest in grooming strong, results-oriented leaders is driven by statistics: nearly one in three Africans are between the ages of ten and 24, and approximately 60 percent of Africa’s total population is below the age of 35.
Who will empower and lead these young Africans? Who will shape the future of business and entrepreneurship, civic leadership, and public management? In order to answer these questions, YALI promotes three models designed to identify and empower young leaders: the YALI Mandela Washington Fellowship (MWF), YALI Network, and now the establishment of Regional Leadership Centres (RLC) across Africa.
- The RLC SA will develop young African leaders in business and entrepreneurship development, civic leadership, and public management and governance through a hybrid of innovative and complementary approaches that include contact sessions, online mentoring, online self-paced tuition, industry placements and experiential learning
- Young leaders, ages 18–35
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries, and the African continent
- Involvement and/or experience in the education sector
- Nationals of Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Ability to commit to a four-week residential training programme
- English language proficiency
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: YALI