Deadline: 05 June, 2020
Mongabay offers an exciting opportunity with the Sue Palminteri WildTech Reporting Fellowship. The fellowship primarily involves writing stories that cover conservation technology-related research for their affiliated news site, mongabay.com.
The fellow will have the opportunity to develop their writing skills and have their news stories published on the renowned website which boasts over two million global readers every month. This is a part-time, six-month opportunity supported by a special fund created in the memory of Sue Palminteri.
Palminteri – Mongabay’s WildTech Editor, conservation biologist, professional tennis player, long-time exercise enthusiast, and friend to many – passed away on 30 November, 2019. Her contributions to conservation were immense. With this programme, Mongabay is developing a fellowship in Palminteri’s name that will honour her interest in conservation, technology, and journalism by providing opportunities for students and new journalists to gain experience in conservation technology and writing.
- The WildTech Reporting Fellow will receive a $5,000 honorarium for the duration of the programme
- Publishing experience in a high-profile news outlet
- Learning about journalistic programmes and processes at Mongabay
- Becoming part of a community of passionate and talented writers
- Mongabay letters of reference and personal recommendations
Mongabay is looking for individuals with the following traits:
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about environmental subjects
- Positive attitude
- Coachable and open to learning
- Strong values – personally and professionally
- Problem-solving skills
- Interest in conservation technology
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID in Africa