Deadline: 23 June, 2020
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
SNV is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
- Establish, organise and manage the Veggie4Jobs (V4J) project support office and project management structures
- Coordinate and supervise V4J staff as well as facilitate smooth delivery of the project by partners and liaison with the Ethiopia team
- Champion policy review and implementation as well as translation of policies that are pro youth job creation, especially within the agriculture sector
- Oversee the development of a Vegetables Business Network (VBN) Platform starting with joint (market) assessments of local vegetable farmers, mapping potential commercial vegetable farming areas and explore strong business cases
- Identify partnership/collaboration opportunities in V4J supply chains and market development and develop partnerships with relevant private sector and other input and market players that are relevant stakeholders for implementation of the project
- Oversee the implementation of the knowledge, communication and marketing strategy
- Advanced degree in Business Administration, Agribusiness, Horticulture, Agriculture, or any other related field
- Ten years, minimum, of experience in working with smallholder farmers on value chain models in Kenya
- Experience and knowledge of the enterprise development approaches seeking to increase youth income and job opportunities
- Exposure to project development and management at sector/systemic level, including the management of projects with a climate change and adaptation lens
- Knowledge and experience on formation and strengthening of production and marketing farmer organisations and the case of this project VBN
- Demonstrated experience in strategy development in terms of choice of interventions, clients and partnerships
- Experience in partnership development, particularly at the county level
- Proven ability in overseeing monitoring and evaluation and a knowledge development agenda which will include reviewing V4J Theory of Change, results framework and annual work plans, design and quality assurance of the monitoring and evaluation framework, and design/quality assurance of a framework for documentation of interventions around innovations facilitated by V4J
To apply and for more information, click here.