Deadline: 28 June, 2020
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Finance Manager.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
- Translate the global finance strategy and policies and procedures into country context, considering national context and (development) plans of the SNV country operations/programme
- Implement finance strategy, after approval of Country Director and contributes to the development of mid-term country projections and to projects from a financial perspective
- Identify and analyse financial opportunities and threats and informs the Country Director and/or Global Support Unit
- Supervise and organise the finance function in the country and manages the finance employees, activities and all aspects within the finance team, in accordance with the approved plan, budget and relevant procedures, in order to realise the finance objectives of both the donors and SNV
- Act as the country’s source of expertise on financial issues for management and Project Managers and steers for timely and proper financial project administration
- Manage intercompany projects, to ensure a reconciliation of intercompany balances
- Proficiency level equivalent to master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- Five years, minimum, proven experience in Financial Management
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of donor regulations and compliance issues related to management of donor funds
- Experience in grant accounting/management
- Proven experience in risk management
- Attention to details, preciseness in the execution of tasks, solution-oriented working approach and negotiation
- Excellent communication and organisation skills, including the ability to articulate financial data to non-financial audience
- Experience in SAP/SAP-by-design system is a clear advantage
- Excellent command of English language both written and spoken
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Dave Dugdale