Deadline: 28 June, 2020
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional Finance Director.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
- Be the trusted partner of the Regional Director and their immediate team on all finance related matters
- Contribute to the development of multi year strategic and operational plans, and be accountable for ensuring and monitoring delivery against the financial plans through targeted financial analytical review and best-in-class forecasting
- Develop the capacity of Country Office (CO) Finance Directors and their teams in order that they meet Save the Children International finance and award management essential standards and comply with Save the Children International standard operating procedures
- Ensure that appropriate controls are in place across the region and that financial risk is minimised
- Enable appropriate operational and investment decisions to be made on the grounds of sound financial analysis
- Support financial readiness, planning and response to humanitarian situations
- Be an active member of the Regional Office Senior Management Team
- Qualified finance professional with financial management experience at a regional level within a complex global organisation
- Significant senior level leadership and management experience in a large and complex international NGO or organisation in finance
- Experience in developing and building capacity in a regional finance function
- Strong English and French communications skills
- Experience of implementing/working within strong control frameworks, where an audit background would be desirable
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrix management environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Ability to present complex financial information in a succinct and compelling manner
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: US Embassy SA