Deadline: 12 June, 2020
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) Germany is offering a new scholarship. The scholarship is directed at journalists worldwide who are exposed to particular risks and challenges due to their work.
RSF invites a journalist from a war zone or crisis area to take some time out from their stressful environment and come to Berlin for six months, where they can rest and work on a new journalistic project.
Due to the current situation, RSF suggests the following agenda: the scholarship will run for six months, from autumn 2020 to spring 2021. In case this will not be possible in autumn 2020 due to the corona pandemic and the associated travel restrictions, the start of the scholarship will be postponed.
- The scholarship covers travel expenses, an apartment, a monthly grant of €1,000, and a pass for free public transport in Berlin for six months
- The participant will have the opportunity to take on a new journalistic challenge during the scholarship
- The participant can also use the time to expand their professional network and recover from stressful circumstances in their home country
- The participant will have time to develop new ideas and enhance their journalistic skills
- RSF also offers psychosocial support if needed. They will be glad to offer advice and guidance if the participant wants to explore the political and cultural scene in Berlin
- Participants should have a good command of English or German
- Participants should have adequate work experience as a journalist
- The fellow must also have a firm intention to return to their country of origin after the six-month scholarship period
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Beyond Access