Deadline: 17 June, 2020
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Plan International (PI) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Head of Programme Quality.
PI is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
- Support the implementation of impactful, sustainable and evidence-based projects and programmes, aligned with PI’s strategic priorities
- Work in coordination with the Business Development team and national organisations to ensure that new project designs meet programme quality standards, including PI’s commitments to gender equality and inclusion
- Support planning of activities for particular projects to ensure integration of programme interventions and efficiency in implementation
- Effectively supervise a dynamic team of staff, provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance assessment
- Ensure accountability, learning and knowledge management as part of the implementation of the MEAL policy
- Coordinate the identification, assessment and strengthening of appropriate partnerships with local CSOs, private sectors and government
- Organise and coordinate regular programme reporting and conduct reviews of content, ensuring timely submission of high quality reports
- Master’s degree in Social Science, International Development, or any relevant field
- Research-based degree is an advantage
- Five years, minimum, of work experience in a programme management position with progressive responsibilities for an international NGO, with a strong focus on rights-based approaches, gender equality and inclusion in programming
- Demonstrated experience in project grants management, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, including institutional donors
- Excellent English writing skills
- Excellent understanding of the local civil society sector and experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships
- Demonstrated commitment to addressing gender equality and addressing the rights of girls and women in development programming
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment
- Some experience and abilities in capacity strengthening – developing curricula and facilitating trainings
- Experience using MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, and knowledge sharing networks
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: WOCinTech Chat