Deadline: 28 June, 2020
Applications are open for the Peace First (PF) Fellow-in-Residence Programme 2020 in Sub-Saharan Africa and the MENA region. The programme is open to anyone in these locations between the ages of 18 and 25, who have led a successful social change project in their community, working alongside others towards a just and peaceful future.
For over 25 years, PF has helped young people create social change in their communities. Now, they are scaling their work to support thousands of teams across the globe to lead peacemaking projects that make a difference in their communities.
As they do, they are building a team of Fellows-in-Residence – expert youth peacemakers based around the world – who will lead the delivery of their programmes, supporting young people across the globe to challenge injustices, create impact, and build a lasting culture of peace.
- Partake in a growth opportunity and a learning community
- Build a diverse skill set
- Build a network
- Access support and coaching
- Professional development stipend
- Engage in a community of practice
- Work to build a movement
- Applicant must be under 26 years old on 01 August, 2020
- Have reliable access to fast, stable internet (assuming the cost of internet access is covered)
- Able to commit to at least one year as a Fellow-in-Residence, beginning August 2020
- Hold a valid passport and are able to travel between ten and 20 percent of their time
- Must be based in the region where they intend to work
- Fluent in English
- MENA fellows must also be fluent in Arabic
- Fluency or proficiency in other languages, especially French, is highly desirable
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID in Africa