Deadline: 22 June, 2020
Location: Buea, Cameroon
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Assistant.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
- Ensure that vehicles are used and maintained according to logistics handbook and other NRC policies
- Ensure all drivers adhere to NRC logistics and driver’s procedures
- Compile and submit monthly vehicle utilisation and carpool reports
- Ensure NRC fleet is utilised and optimised accordingly
- Prepare requisitions for spare parts for vehicles and generators
- Coordinate and facilitate timely reporting of eventualities like accidents and breakdowns
- Ensure that NRC vehicles are equipped with necessary documents and equipment
- Ensure all drivers fill movement logbook and that logbook is signed by the passengers
- Responsible for the receipt, storage and dispatch of all assets and items from Yaounde Office and ensuring that proper documentation is maintained for same
- Ensure that assets are tagged before being dispatched to the field
- Two years of experience from working as a logistic assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience with inventory, asset and vehicle management
- Experience with computers – Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Minimum of university degree in Logistics Management or related fields
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of French is an advantage
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: US Army Africa