Deadline: 25 June, 2020
Location: Yumbe, Uganda
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
- Support the Finance Coordinator (FC) in Yumbe in day-to-day reconciliations and financial analysis
- Provide assistance in timely monthly closing and ensuring Yumbe office is able to close on agreed upon deadlines
- Review financial reports and documents from the field offices and ensure that they are timely received
- Work closely with logistics department to ensure that asset register is updated regularly and matches physical assets
- Prepare a trip report for each assignment and submit to FC and FM
- Provide training and support to finance and non-finance staff regarding generally accepted financial procedures and NRC internal controls
- Assist in year-end closing and audit document preparation
- Participate in and facilitate area finance workshops and training as required
- Maintain open communication with Finance, programme staff and others for all financial clarifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting
- Five years, minimum, of relevant experience
- Three years of INGO experience is a plus
- CPA2 qualification is an added advantage
- Knowledge of Agresso is an added advantage
- Very good computer skills, especially Microsoft packages, and a strong experience of computerised accounting system
- National of Uganda
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: IMTFI