Deadline: 12 June, 2020
Miss Geek Africa is an entrepreneurship competition that originated as Miss Geek Rwanda in 2014 but was renamed Miss Geek Africa in 2017 and has expanded to 22 countries in Africa. Girls and women between the ages of 13 and 21 years submit applications that solve problems through technological innovations. The top three competitors receive cash prizes and business training.
The competition is aimed at inspiring more girls to take up Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education and careers to meaningfully contribute to solving the continent’s challenges using technology.
The top ten finalists undergo a week-long intensive training programme to equip them with presentation, public speaking and critical thinking skills to prepare them for competition day. Ms Geek Africa is selected by a panel of judges and receives exciting prizes including a cash prize, IT devices, a trip to an international technology conference, among others.
- Cash prize for the best five submissions
- A laptop each for the final ten shortlisted
- A trip to an International Technology Conference in 2021
- Free one-year internet connection for the best five contestants
- Sponsored attachment for the best three contestants at a technology innovation hub closest to their location to fine tune and actualise their concepts
- All travel and accommodation expenses will be covered for the ten shortlisted finalists
- Female between the ages of 13 and 21
- Citizen of Ghana
- Contestants must be available for selection and training
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: US Embassy Ghana