Deadline: 05 June, 2020
Through the Mozilla Builders Incubator (MBI), Mozilla is looking to invest in people, projects, and technologies that shape the internet and have a positive impact without having to only worry about the bottom line. Firefox, Wikipedia, WordPress, DuckDuckGo, Kickstarter, GitHub, Node.js, and Ethereum are some great examples of the internet at its best.
The MBI offers three programmes:
- The Startup Studio: $75,000 investment in early stage startups
- The MVP Lab: $16,000 funding to pre-startup teams (for-profit, non-profit or open source)
- The Open Lab: Up to 10 x $10,000 prize for the best community projects
Mozilla hopes to see a wide range of proposals around big categories including, but not limited to:
- Collaboration and society, particularly in view of the current global crisis
- Decentralised web
- Messaging and social networking
- Surveillance capitalism
- Misinformation and content
- Artificial intelligence
- Web assembly
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Mozilla in Europe