Deadline: 17 June, 2020
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Industry Specialist.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
- Identify gaps and needs for developing sustainable energy/climate finance programmes in targeted countries, including formulation of motivation/drivers for end-users to implement climate friendly projects using FI’s financing
- Prepare and update IFC’s Climate Finance strategy in the region to address climate change issues, including preparation and updating of applicable tools, manuals and procedures
- Develop approaches for sustainable energy project development and financing, through partnerships and transaction structures with financial institutions, local vendors, Energy Service Companies (ESCOs), engineering companies and other market players
- Actively develop new business leveraging for both investment and advisory services leveraging his/her network of industry contacts
- Design, develop, sell and lead targeted climate finance advisory programmes with partner banks, including training and monitoring components, to improve credit underwriting, risk assessment and portfolio management and reporting practices
- Implement climate finance strategy roll outs in target countries as needed
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Business, Environmental Sciences, or Economics
- 12 years, minimum, of work experience in the Sustainable Energy (SE) and climate smart business, including the technical and financial aspects of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects and investments
- Expertise/familiarity with metrics and tools for tracking climate investments, including GHG accounting tools
- Sound understanding of financial structures used to finance climate friendly projects as well as how banks, insurance companies, capital markets, and other financial intermediaries typically work in the area of climate friendly financing
- Extensive knowledge of clean energy and environmental markets in the region and knowledge of international best practices and global trends in the industry
- Good understanding of the perspective of private commercial banks, private equity, insurance companies and other financial intermediaries, including their business drivers, the scope of their operations, and their interests, so as to be able to successfully engage and sell to them
- Familiarity and confidence to be able to negotiate and be effective in a matrixed working environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English are required
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Maker Faire Africa