Deadline: 26 June, 2020
The International Development Research Centre (IDRC) calls for expressions of interest in the Catalysing Change for Healthy and Sustainable Food Systems initiative to advance the generation and use of context-specific evidence that will drive changes in food systems and enable healthy and sustainable diets in Eastern Africa.
This initiative will support the consolidation of existing evidence and synthesis of new evidence for multidisciplinary approaches that address the global challenge of achieving healthy and sustainable diets as a means of curbing the high levels of malnutrition and diet-related non-communicable diseases, particularly in low and middle-income countries (LMICs). The initiative seeks robust and innovative research that enhances understanding of which policies and interventions promote the relative affordability and availability of nutritious and sustainable food and contribute to healthier and more sustainable food systems.
- Funding is between CA$300,000 and CA$1 million per project. Grants will be awarded subject to the availability of funds
- The lead applicant organisation must have a legal corporate registration in an eligible LMIC country and must be legally eligible to conduct research in any of the five countries of focus: Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda or Tanzania
- The lead applicant must also be a citizen or permanent resident with a primary work affiliation in an LMIC
- International organisations (except United Nations organisations and members of the Consortium of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR)) can apply as co-applicant organisations (developing country collaborators), provided that they have regional chapters or offices with appropriate legal status to operate and manage funds in the five eligible countries where the research will take place
- Applications that involve third-party organisations must clearly justify their involvement and explain their role(s)
- Third-party organisations are not required to be located in the eligible countries
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Eclectic Jack