Deadline: 30 June, 2020
Location: Accra, Ghana
Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Associate.
FAO is a specialised agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
- Provide and coordinate the delivery of comprehensive human resources support services
- Ensure compliance with relevant policies and regulations as well as transparency and consistency of transactions and procedures
- Coordinate a wide range of personnel actions including appointments, extensions, transfers, etc.
- Process requests and provide advice on entitlements, review, maintain and update confidential personnel information records and files in the area of responsibility
- Provide briefing and debriefing to staff members including answering queries on benefits and entitlements and personnel-related procedures
- Handle non-routine and complex cases
- Undertake research and analysis of entitlements and employment conditions and draft correspondence for Human Resources Officers
- Coordinate support to the recruitment process of all categories of staff and non-staff including advising managers on the preparation of vacancy announcements
- Coordinate interview arrangements with departments and applicants and prepare offers/terms of employment
- Provide assistance to managers in the preparation of job profiles
- Provide advice on proposed changes to post functions
- Collect background information on post management and update organisation charts and staffing tables
- Secondary school education
- Five year, minimum, of relevant experience in administrative and human resources support work
- Thorough knowledge of the essential elements of human resources activities and transactions, including corporate policies, rules and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of relevant corporate computerised administrative systems
- Thorough knowledge of the communication and documentation standards
- Working knowledge of English.
- Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, internet and office technology equipment
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: COD Newsroom