Deadline: 25 June, 2020
Location: Kasungu, Malawi
The Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of National District Agriculturalist/Nutritionist.
FAO is a specialised agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
- Facilitate and supervise on a daily basis the establishment of Community-Based Facilitation Groups (CBFGs) and Community Outreach Group (through Care Groups – CG) at district level, supporting District Officers to identify Nutrition Care Groups and analyse the best way to group them
- Identify catchment areas per district in which children under five years of age and other vulnerable household members (pregnant women and adolescent girls) are at risk of malnutrition to prioritise their targeting under Afikepo
- Support the Afikepo District Manager in the identification and follow up of the Community Based Facilitators trained and engage them in the creation and support of CBFGs at Extension Planning Area (EPA) level
- Provide guidance and training on a monthly basis to Nutrition and Agriculture Extension Workers, particularly fostering exchange of knowledge and integration of activities at EPA and village level
- Monitor the provision of training at CBFGs and CG levels, facilitating the establishment of demonstrative plots, organising nutrition/agriculture field days, cooking demonstrations, community-based learning activities that motivate behavioural change at household level
- Cascade training materials adapted to the district for Extension Workers or communities in close collaboration with Afikepo, FAO, and UNICEF technical teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Food and Nutrition/Agriculture/Food Security/Food Science/Education with a bias towards Food and Nutrition obtained from a recognised university
- Working knowledge of English and the local language spoken at district level
- Three years, minimum, of relevant experience in development, management and monitoring of projects and programmes in agriculture, nutrition, food security, nutrition-sensitive agriculture or rural development
- Proven experience in community mobilisation
- Experience in identifying and promoting proven agricultural technologies that have potential to increase productivity, nutrition and incomes
- National of Malawi
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: CIAT