Deadline: 29 June, 2020
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Digital Communications and Community Manager.
FAO is a specialised agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
- Coordinate the development and validation of a strategy for the AYA regional platform, in close consultation with FAO, EAFF, and International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and national youth networks
- In close consultation with Office of Corporate Communications, Internet and Internal Communications, develop and monitor a work plan for the launch and regular management of the platform (2020–21)
- Establish a mechanism for collaboration between FAO, EAFF, IFAD and country-level youth networks, identify focal points and maintain regular coordination meetings
- Coordinate with FAO – Office of Corporate Communications (OCC) and EAFF teams, as well as with national youth networks, to source relevant information and content – including a section specific on COVID-19 response and preparedness
- In close consultation with OCC develop an editorial plan/calendar and regularly publish content on the platform website and social media channels
- Use FAO guidelines on developing compelling stories, and in close collaboration with OCC, develop simple guidelines/format to document success stories of young agripreneurs and collect them through EAFF network
- In close consultation with Partnerships Division (PSP), develop multimedia learning materials (e.g. video tutorials and other youth-friendly digital formats) adapting the Business Development Support guidance and tools
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, Social Sciences or related fields
- Three years, minimum, of relevant experience in web content, social media and community management
- Working knowledge of English
- Knowledge of Kiswahili and/or Kinyarwanda would be an asset
- Nationality of Kenya
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNICEF Česká Republika