Deadline: 29 June, 2020.
One Young World in partnership with DSM invites applicants for Improved Foods Scholarship for the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich, Germany.
The scholarships build on DSM’s vision to enable better food, health, and nutrition for all. DSM has partnered with IFC, CDC, FMO, Government of Rwanda and the World Food Programme to launch the Africa Improved Foods (AIF) partnership, which is an innovative public-private partnership making nutritious fortified foods locally in Africa for Africa with the objective of ending malnutrition.
In line with the expansion objectives of DSM to support more countries, this scholarship seeks to support two young leaders from Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia, who are delivering nutritional solutions for their communities. Specifically, the scholarship seeks entrepreneurs who are improving the agri-food food value chain in one of the following ways: raising awareness of the importance of a balanced and nutritional diet, developing responsible and nutritious brands which are attractive and affordable for the communities who need them most (especially those with low income, at base of pyramid (BoP), and sustainably producing local produce or nutritional products to serve local communities.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Participation in DSM’s internal onboarding workshops pre-One Young World workshops (with DSM delegation)
- Be aged 18–30 by the date of the One Young World Summit 2021
- Be a national of Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia
- Have three to five years of experience working in a food, health and nutrition business, ideally running the business
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: One Young World