Deadline: 14 June, 2020.
The Embassy of Canada in South Sudan is pleased to launch its annual call for proposals for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI).
CFLI is a programme designed to support small-scale, high-impact projects in developing countries, which align with Global Affairs Canada’s thematic priority areas for engagement. The programme is directed at projects conceived and designed predominantly by local partners. Projects are selected and approved by the relevant Canadian embassy or high commission. The CFLI also serves to support positive bilateral relations between Canada and the civil societies in recipient countries by deepening contacts and supporting local endeavours.
All projects must align with at least one of the following CFLI thematic priorities: gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls; peace and security, with a focus on conflict prevention and building peace; human dignity, covering health, education and nutrition; and, growth that works for everyone, including women’s economic rights, decent jobs and entrepreneurship, investing in the poorest and most vulnerable, and safeguarding economic gains
- The average CFLI contribution is CA$20,000 to CA$30,000
- All contributions are made in Canadian dollars and then converted to US dollars
- Local non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organisations
- Local academic institutions working on local projects
- The majority of CFLI funding is to be directed toward local civil society organisations (including non-governmental organisations) and other institutions working at the local level
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Canada Down Under