Deadline: 10 June, 2020
Aptive Capital, a US-based $1 million portfolio fund, has launched a programme targeted at early-stage African startups with a focus on social impact within their communities.
Launched in 2020 and arising from the funding gap as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, the fund is committed to supporting, coaching, and increasing the social impact of early-stage entrepreneurs and innovators who are changing the norm and creating social impact within their society.
25 startups and businesses will be invited for one-on-one Zoom pitch, and ten selected startups and businesses will make it for the finals.
- Five selected viable startups and businesses will each receive a $10,000 investment for equity
- The business must have an MVP for a tech startup and ongoing business for non-tech
- Application is open to any business operating in Africa
- Founders do not necessarily need to have a background in tech
- Applicants must be a part of a team with at least two founders
- The business must be registered and primarily operate in Africa
- Early-stage startups from Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Egypt, and Ethiopia are encouraged to apply
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Aptive Capital