Deadline: 30 June, 2020
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) and Standard Bank Group (SBG) are calling on women fund managers across Africa to apply to join the African Women Leadership Fund Initiative (AWLFI), an innovative impact fund that will provide capital and expertise to successful candidates.
The initiative was established in response to the AU Agenda 2063 and the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals five and eight which target gender equality, decent work, and economic growth.
The fund will work with and support women-owned and run fund management companies, as well as women-focused impact funds. To do this, the fund will raise investment and technical assistance capital and build a platform to identify, mentor, support, and invest in women entrepreneurs at scale.
- The fund, the first of its kind, aims to raise up to $1 billion over ten years for women fund managers
- Applicants must be female, reside in Africa or be willing to relocate to Africa
- Applicants must be fund managers in the listed or private market space who own, or partly own, an asset management firm
- Applicants must have graduated with degrees in Finance, Business or other related areas
- Applicants must be entrepreneurs who have a good understanding of venture-backed investments
- Applicants must be angel investors who have experience in investing in small and medium enterprises (SMEs) or early stage businesses
- Women professionals working in existing funds, banks, NGOs, incubators, accelerators, multilaterals, corporates and various public and private sector bodies
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Standard Bank