Deadline: 30 June, 2020
The Africa Multiple Cluster of Excellence (AMCE) at the University of Bayreuth (UB), Germany, invites artists from African (continental or diasporic) contexts to apply for fellowships in the Bayreuth Academy of Advanced African Studies.
At UB, Iwalewahaus is the home of a unique collection of modern and contemporary art from Africa. At the same time, it is a place for the production and presentation of contemporary art. Recent developments in contemporary African continental and diasporic cultures are presented and refined together with artists through various activities: exhibitions, academic research and teaching, curating the artistic collections, and providing artist residence programmes.
- Living allowance (reimbursement of living expenses)
- Travel cost (reimbursement of travel expenses, against receipt)
- Mobility allowance (compensation for additional mobility costs, if applicable)
- Fellowship for a period of six months
- Access to the collections and archives of Iwalewahaus
- Access to adequately equipped working space and excellent library resources
- Artists from the continent or the African diasporas
- Applicants must come from any field of the arts
- During the fellowship period, residence in Bayreuth is mandatory
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Bayreuth Academy