Deadline: 07 June, 2020
Location: Abidjan, Ivory Coast
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Principal Budget Officer (Performance Monitoring and Reporting).
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
- Coordinate the preparation of the statutory quarterly Budgets and Work Programme Performance Reports of the bank and any other relevant performance reports as required
- Lead the analysis on Performance Monitoring Data for periodic assessment of resource utilisation status and propose corrective measures for variances to ensure that resources are properly assigned
- Coordinate with business units and the Delivery Performance Management and Results Department (SNDR) in the development/revision of KPIs in order to rationalise for a more value adding and effective monitoring and reporting system
- Monitor institutional and complex KPIs against targets set by the bank
- Conduct independent research and analyses on performance and budget issues, identify problems, propose solutions and make recommendations to management
- Ensure the enhancement of the budget and work programme performance reporting systems and dashboards
- Master’s degree or its equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Management or related fields
- Six years, minimum, of relevant experience with exposure to international and/or multicultural contexts
- Experience in budgeting and institutional performance reporting for both internal and external audiences
- Good knowledge of operational strategies, policies, rules, procedures and practices of the bank or similar institutions
- Experience in design and implementation of budgeting and performance reporting systems, management information systems and dashboards as well as business process enhancement initiatives
- Demonstrate high degree of attention to details and strong focus on data quality control
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely in appropriate style and language to suit the requirements of a specific audience as well as handle sensitive information
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities under heavy work pressure and tight deadlines while maintaining speed and accuracy
- Ability to use innovative and creative approaches to enhance performance
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to ensure sound working relationships with colleagues, effectively coordinate team assignments and build partnerships with a broad range of clients to deliver high quality results
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: IBM Research