Deadline: 15 June, 2020
Applications are open for the Africa Centre of Excellence for Water Management (ACEWM) MSc and PhD Programmes 2020/2021. Since 2016, ACEWM has been offering interdisciplinary MSc and PhD programmes in the field of water management, with the primary purpose of training the next generation of water educators, researchers, managers, and professionals, and engaging in community outreach activities.
Currently, ACEWM has several MSc and PhD students from all over Africa and some other countries.
ACEWM has established partnerships with different universities nationally, regionally and internationally to collaborate in capacity building, faculty and student exchanges, research and internships. ACEWM engages high calibre and renowned professionals in the field of water management from different disciplines.
- ACEWM will have a modest funding to support research projects of all applicants
- In addition to research support, ACEWM will provide full scholarship for a very limited number (three PhD and five MSc) of highly competent applicants from African countries other than Ethiopia
- A monthly stipend of $600 (equivalent amount paid in ETB) for MSc and $800 (equivalent amount paid in ETB) for PhD applicants. The stipend includes accommodation
- ACEWM will cover tuition fees of a limited number of female applicants from Ethiopia on competitive basis
- Other applicants are required to be sponsored by their respective institutions or by themselves
- Open to applicants from Ethiopia and other African countries
- PhD applicants must have a master’s degree earned from a college or university of recognised standing with a grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale or equivalent in ECTS. However, applicants with grade point averages between 3.0 and 3.5 will be given consideration based on their experience and achievements
- Applicants to the PhD programme should provide evidence of capacity for research. This includes a master’s thesis published paper in a reputable journal or other appropriate evidence of capacity to conduct high quality research
- All applicants’ undergraduate Cumulative GPA must not be less than 2.75 for males and not less than 2.50 for females on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants who have completed their degree/diploma from foreign universities (other than Ethiopia) are required to obtain their degree/diploma equivalent from the Ethiopian Higher Education Relevance and Quality Agency (HERQA) before admission. (Academic documents authentication by relevant office is mandatory during admission)
- Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of English language and provide proof of proficiency
- The age limit at the time of application is 30 years or less for MSc applicants and 40 years or less for PhD
- Applicants need to also meet the general requirements laid down by the School of Graduate Studies, Addis Ababa University
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Justice Okai-Allotey