Deadline: 31 May, 2020.
The Africa Young Entrepreneur Support (YES) Programme is a six-month funded intensive entrepreneurship, leadership and business training that provides young early-stage social entrepreneurs with the resources they need to discover opportunities, unlock their potential and create impact in their local communities.
The programme is looking for self-starters, leaders and change-makers who are building viable businesses and creating impact in their local communities and beyond. The programme is currently open to only Kenyan social entrepreneurs.
- The programme seeks to identify, inspire and empower 30 young social entrepreneurs to recognise opportunities, explore innovative approaches, mobilise resources, manage risks, and build viable social enterprises
- A minimum total of $15,000 in grant funding will be invested in top fellows during the programme
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The venture must be solving a clear problem in the community
- There must be a viable and tested solution already in place, not just an idea
- The social venture should have a viable business model
- The venture should have at least some paying customers or be generating revenue in the past six months
- There should be ambition by the founder of the venture to grow to achieve large scale impact
- The applicant can commit to attend weekly Saturday sessions (preferably in-person) from August 2020 to December 2020
- The applicant can commit to do weekly tasks in relation to their venture
- The applicant must be working either full time or at least 30 hours per week in their ventures
- The venture is legally registered in Kenya or in the process of registration
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: YES