Deadline: 29 May, 2020
The World Trade Organisation (WTO) has issued a call for candidates for the 2021 Young Professionals Programme (YPP). Candidates up to the age of 32, as of 01 January, 2021, from eligible developing and least developed countries are invited to submit their applications. The selected candidates will work at the WTO Secretariat for one year, starting in January 2021.
The WTOYPP was launched in 2016 as an opportunity for qualified young professionals from developing and least developed countries that are members of the WTO to enhance their knowledge regarding the WTO and international trade issues. The programme aims to attract professionals from under-represented countries who can consequently improve their chances of being recruited by the WTO and/or other regional and international organisations. The programme is part of the Secretariat’s efforts to increase diversity and broaden the representation of the membership.
The selected young professionals are allocated to a specific division of the WTO Secretariat in accordance with the needs and priorities of the organisation and based on the areas of interest of the young professional. The areas of work may include accessions, agriculture, dispute settlement, intellectual property rights, market access, rules, trade and development, trade and environment, trade in services and investment, trade facilitation, trade policy analysis and trade-related technical assistance.
- Participants under the programme receive a monthly salary of CHF3,500
- WTO also provides appropriate medical cover and travel costs
- Be a national of a WTO member state
- Have an advanced university degree in Law, Economics, or other international trade-related subjects relevant to WTO work
- Have two years, minimum, of relevant experience
- Demonstrate a high level of interest in international trade and commitment to WTO-related work
- Be fluent in English
- A good working knowledge of one of WTO’s other official languages, French or Spanish, would be an advantage
- Be 32 years of age or younger at the expected start date of YPP, if selected
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: CJTF-HOA