Deadline: 17 May, 2020
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of IT Associate (CBT Reconciliations).
WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
- Prepare reports for the reconciliation team and on ward sharing with senior management
- Carry out system maintenance tasks regarding the reconciliation exercise, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics and system optimisation to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use
- Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for the reconciliation team is up-to-date
- Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date
- Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of services
- Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff deliver their services
- With the support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively
- Completed secondary school education
- University degree in Information Technology, Economics, Statistics, Software Engineering, Monitoring and Evaluation or any other related discipline
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and French
- Knowledge of local dialects in project areas in the Far North, East, Adamaoua, North West and South West is an advantage
- Two years, minimum, of experience in data processing, analysis, and reporting, preferably in an IT department
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: OER Africa