Deadline: 13 May, 2020
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant/Switchboard Operator.
WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
- Manage and direct call requests from staff and calls that come through the switchboard
- Manage and direct visitors to respective offices
- Parcels/mails receipt and inspection and distribution of mails/parcels to staff
- Coordinate delivery of documents/mail to UN offices, Government/NGO partners
- Register and track invoices and documents at the reception
- Manage conference room bookings
- Consolidate and reconcile mobile phone bills
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time
- Completed secondary school education and diploma in any of the following fields: Front Office, Business Administration or Computing
- Progressive experience in managing the front office in a busy environment and general administrative work
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners
- Knowledge of standardised business support work routines and methods
- Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft Word
- Use tact and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals
- Good attention to detail in order to identify data discrepancies
- Ability to work to deadlines and follow clear instructions
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: DFAT