Deadline: 07 May, 2020
Location: Dakar, Senegal
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Health Specialist in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is three years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals: to push extreme poverty to no more three percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
The Senior Health Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Define GFF value proposition: Enable the government to develop, along with key stakeholders, a common vision of the specific areas of value addition and focus of the GFF in the country
- Institutional arrangements: Work with the national government to define the institutional arrangements that will guide the GFF process
- Country platform: Work closely with the GFF Liaison Officer to ensure that there is a functioning national platform that serves to guide the GFF process in the country
- Investment case preparation process: Guide the development of a roadmap for the preparation of the investment case
- Health financing work plan: Ensure the Secretariat works with the government and stakeholders to develop a health financing work plan that complements the investment case
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Health, Health Financing, Public Administration) and eight to 12 years of relevant experience, minimum, in supporting large scale development programs in low and low-middle income countries
- Experience working with the World Bank or experience working on supporting the design and implementation of World Bank-financed projects in low and low-middle income countries
- Experience working with governments to strengthen health systems
- Experience having developed and/or facilitated complex partnerships, including between NGOs, CSOs, private sector, multi-lateral institutions and governments; strong relationship builder with excellent interpersonal skills is essential for this position
- Experience disseminating analytic information with multiple stakeholders and translating data in action and improvement in interventions and outcome
- Knowledge of issues affecting fragile states and experience working in these settings an advantage
- Expertise in key areas of the GFF value proposition (data for decision making, health financing, private sector, etc.) an advantage
- Ability to work effectively in situations of uncertainty and under time pressure
- Ability to innovate and work within and across WBG institutions on monitoring solutions for development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (essential)
- Ability to speak French (desirable)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: World Bank