Deadline: 14 May, 2020
Location: Banjul, Gambia
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Project Manager.
UNOPS’ mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
- Work with the Project Manager to develop and maintain project plans
- Support the Project Manager to implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by the project board
- Prepare and maintain project files, including internal and external project reports
- Manage information flows and oversee change controls, risk registers and issue management by establishing document control procedures
- Manage assigned delivery of work packages and take responsibility for progress
- Maintain all supporting project financial documents for audit and review processes
- Ensure accurate data entry into UNOPS ERP system (OneUNOPS) and OneUNOPS Projects as appropriate
- Monitor project budget and financial expenditure and all administrative procedures in line with the work-plan
- Process direct payments and advance requests and prepare project budget revisions
- Advanced university degree (master’s or equivalent) with five years of relevant experience
- University degree (bachelor’s degree/first level) with a combination of two additional years of relevant professional experience will be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- Relevant combination of academic credentials and/or industry certifications and qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the educational requirements outlined above
- PRINCE2 Foundation/Practitioner Certiﬁcation is an asset
- Five years, minimum, of relevant and progressive professional experience, specifically in the field of project management and operations management with focus on monitoring, reporting, development and coordination
- Experience in humanitarian emergency operating contexts, including humanitarian coordination mechanisms, donors, security, and operations management is an asset
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of UN rules and procedures in Procurement, Finance, HR Management and administrative rules and regulations will be an advantage
- Full working knowledge of English is essential
- Fluency in one or more additional official UNOPS languages is an advantage
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNSOM Somalia