Deadline: 05 May, 2020
Location: Fada-N’Gourma, Burkina Faso
The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is seeking to fill the position of Health and Nutrition Specialist. UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
The Health and Nutrition Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Timely sectoral analysis, input and support
- Contribute to the Situation Analysis and its periodic update for effective project planning, development and management
- Make quality technical contributions to the development and implementation of Integrated Health and Nutrition strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partnership
- Ensure that work plan and objectives are strategically established, implementation support is effectively provided, and planned results are timely delivered through application of technical expertise
- Monitor and evaluate project implementation progress for adjustment, acceleration and improvement of program delivery and sustainability
- Provide technical support to government and NGOs at various stages of the project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, including capacity building of government personnel and beneficiaries
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree (master’s or higher) in one of the following fields: Public Health, Human Nutrition, Child Development, Water Sanitation, Public Administration, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development or any other relevant technical field
- First university degree (bachelor’s) in a relevant field combined with two additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Five years of relevant professional experience, minimum, in one or more of the following areas: Public Health, Nutrition Planning and Management, Maternal and Neonatal Healthcare, or Health Emergency Preparedness, Humanitarian Preparedness
- Professional work experience in a managerial position, or a technical expert position in child survival and development, health and nutrition care
- Experience working in a developing country and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organisation is considered an asset
- Fluency in French
- Knowledge of English and another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered an asset
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Perla123