Deadline: 11 May, 2020
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Regional Director in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
- Provide effective leadership and technical guidance, oversight and coordination to ensure the achievement of programme goals at regional level, and through the functions of various regional advisors and multi-disciplinary, multi-sectoral teams
- Effective oversight and guidance results in full implementation of the Regional Office Management Plan and related objectives, work plan and activities of the regional office team
- Coordinate the work of regional office teams to ensure the effective and efficient management and administration of UNICEF’s resources in accordance with established policies, standards, rules and procedures
- Exert effective leadership in the appropriate alignment of global and regional policies, strategy and programme priorities for effective achievement of regional programme objectives through the rights and results-based management approach
- Achieve effective programme results for the survival, protection, development and participation of children and women in regional development efforts
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Social Development, Development Planning, or other relevant disciplines.
- 13 years, minimum, of professional work experience in formulation of policies in international or national administration and translation of policies into practice
- Experience in external aid administration and senior level international development administration
- Experience as a UNICEF representative is extremely important and highly desirable, preferably at a commensurate level of the functions to be performed
- Experience and proven track record in managing emergencies, sensitive and complex situations and security-related issues
- Effective people management and proven ability to guide, motivate and lead a large, multi-disciplinary team
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese is an important asset
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Julien Harneis