Deadline: 20 May, 2020
Location: Lodwar, Kenya
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief Field Office.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
- Represent UNICEF in all matters related to programme planning and implementation in the geographical area covered by Lodwar Field Office
- Provide leadership, guidance and supervision to the Field Office staff, and ensure staff safety and security is given paramount importance
- Technical leadership in all aspects of devolution, providing guidance and direction in ensuring a coordinated approach to UNICEF programme delivery in the geographical area
- Ensure exchange of information and experience; identify new strategies and courses of action to accelerate/improve delivery of services and achieve programme requirements and objectives
- Programming and management of programme: Be responsible for overall development and establishment of the Field Office work plans, monitoring compliance, and providing support and guidance to ensure objectives are met
- Interact with government and other partners, NGOs, UN and bilateral agencies in the different stages of programme implementation; follow up on implementation of recommendations and agreements
- Provide technical support, orientation and guidance to implementing partners and government officials on appropriate technical and institutional capacity-building measures to achieve programme goals and expand coverage of services
- Advanced university degree in Education or Social Sciences, or related technical field
- Eight years of progressive, responsible, professional work experience at national and international levels in programme planning and management, or in related fields with emphasis on strategic planning
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required
- Knowledge of local dialects is an asset
- Kenyan nationality
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Julien Harneis